Friday, September 5, 2008

XOXO?

Ah, Gossip Girl, how we adore thee. You provide us with drama, much as the new 90210, the late O.C., all those other fine programs. These shows present the affects of gossip and drama - albeit, the examples are a bit extreme. But even so, think: do you wish for your life to be like those on such teen drama shows? It may look exciting and fun and what not, but do you really want your life to go to hell thanks to rumors? Do you really want to get yourself sucked into the drama and gossip so far that you won't get out till after high school. Maybe you'll go even farther. Maybe you'll be an asshole in the real world if you start now. Do you really want that? Is it worth it?

I know I've said this so much. I know one of the two things I "preach" most about is gossip and drama. I ask, "Is it worth it?" in every other blog. I gossip. I start drama. Are you kidding? Of course I do. Really, who doesn't? But you can't let yourself get so far down, you won't see the light of reality anymore. You need to realize something: your life should be the most important thing to you at this point in time. Your education, your family, your friends. Not other peoples' lives. It's not your job to talk about other people. If they want to talk about themselves, let them. And if people want to tell you things about other people, let them. But try to refrain from spreading that around, because you know something will come up, and you'll have the short end of the stick. I know this is getting old and tiring, but I see this every other day and it gets so so so so so old and annoying.

~J*~

Got questions?
thesearetheyears@gmail.com

No comments: