Monday, October 27, 2008

So They Won't Talk To You...

"Let's say that someone who I've always kinda referred to as my "best friend" and i haven't talked recently. Not because we're fighting (to my knowledge), but because in the hours upon hours we are both online, she never initiates the conversation. It's kinda always been like that, unless something big happened that she was waiting until I got on to tell me. Now, though, it's been over a week and she hasn't made any attempt to talk to me, when even if we didn't instant messge, she'd write on my Facebook wall or smoething. Is she mad at me, do you think, or should I just go back to what I usually do and initiate conversation?"

To be honest, I can't tell you whether or not she's mad at you. I'm not in her head; I don't know her emotions. However, if she is going out of her way to purposefully not talk to you, there is obviously something up. I'd say just chill for a bit. Let her get over whatever her problem is and then she'll talk to you. If she doesn't, then I guess we know where her loyalty lies.

We can't make people like us, in any way. We can't make people want to be our friends, or our lovers. It's not our job to make people like us. If they like us, then so be it, but if they don't, oh well. We can't control our feelings, let alone anyone elses. It's not our responsibility to make people feel a certain way about us. If someone doesn't want to talk to us, for whatever reason, so be it. My friend's father does not like my mother because she wears fake eyelashes, and he happens to hate make up. Shallow, yes, but she can't make him want to talk to her.

People can be shallow. People can be assholes. If they don't want to talk to you, it's their loss, not yours. I don't care how fabulous they may seem, they're not if they're not willing to open themselves up to a new person.

~J*~

No comments: